COVID-19Litigation: It's What We Do.
Calabasas COVID-19 Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Legal Support California Workers Can Rely On
The recent COVID-19 pandemic placed extraordinary pressure on all workers. For those workers that were required by their employers to return to work in person at the height of the pandemic, however, the risks were even higher. If you were compelled to return to work by your employer during the pandemic and contracted COVID-19 at work, you may be entitled to file a workers' compensation claim.
Typically, it is difficult to claim workers' compensation coverage for infectious diseases contracted at the workplace. However, California law shifted in response to the pandemic in ways that make it possible for workers to claim workers' compensation if they contracted COVID-19 at work. This is especially true for so-called frontline workers, like doctors, nurses, first responders, hospital workers, and lab technicians. Other types of workers may also be eligible for COVID-19-related workers’ compensation claims as well, including:
- Grocery workers
- Delivery drivers
- Restaurant workers
- Bank tellers
- Warehouse workers
- Pharmacy workers
How Can a Workers' Compensation Lawyer Help?
The experienced workers' compensation lawyers at Gaines & Gaines are here to ensure that California workers receive the legal support they need in the wake of this unprecedented pandemic. Our dedicated team of attorneys can help you understand your rights and represent you in your fight for fair compensation.
Here is a list of services we can provide to those affected by COVID-19:
- Careful evaluation of your case: We can review the circumstances surrounding your illness, identify any potential violations by your employer, and advise you on the best course of action to take.
- Filing a claim: Once we have evaluated your case and determined that you should pursue a workers’ compensation claim, our attorneys will prepare all the necessary documents and fight for maximum coverage.
- Representation in court: If necessary, we will represent you in court proceedings related to your workers’ compensation claim, providing legal guidance throughout the process.
- Assistance navigating complex legal issues: Workers’ compensation claims related to COVID-19 can be incredibly complex, but we have decades of experience handling such matters and are well prepared to provide comprehensive support.
- Aggressive pursuit of full coverage: We understand how important it is for our clients to receive fair compensation for their illness, so we will aggressively pursue maximum coverage from insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
At Gaines & Gaines, we understand that not every case is cut and dry, and we recognize that each situation is unique and deserves individualized attention. That's why our team takes an evidence-based approach when evaluating cases involving COVID-19 infections at work. With years of experience navigating complex legal issues like these, you can rest assured knowing that our lawyers will do everything in their power to secure a favorable outcome for you.
What Kind of Compensation May Be Available?
Workers that contract COVID-19 at their place of employment may be eligible to file a workers' compensation claim. Generally, these claims cover medical costs, lost wages, and other related expenses. Depending on the circumstances of your case and the particulars of California labor law, you may also be entitled to additional compensation.
For instance, if you are unable to work due to your illness, you may be able to receive temporary disability benefits. This type of benefit is designed to compensate workers for up to two-thirds of their average weekly wage while they are unable to return to work due to an illness or injury. Additionally, if your health condition prevents you from ever returning to work again, you may qualify for permanent disability benefits. These payments can help provide a financial cushion in the event that an illness or injury leaves you permanently disabled.
Contact Gaines & Gaines for Help with Your COVID-19 Workers' Compensation Claim
At Gaines & Gaines, our team of experienced employment law and workers’ compensation attorneys are dedicated to providing workers with the legal support they need, including assistance filing and advocating for COVID-19-related workers' compensation claims. Our team will carefully review your case and provide you with advice on how best to pursue your claim.
We have a deep understanding of both state and federal laws governing workers’ compensation cases, which enables us to effectively guide our clients through the required procedures. If necessary, our attorneys can aggressively represent your interests in court proceedings or negotiations. Gaines & Gaines is here to help California workers understand their rights.
If you have believe you may have a COVID-19 workers’ compensation claim, contact us by filling our online form or call us at (866) 400-4450 to schedule a free consultation so that we can discuss your case in detail.