Back InjuryLitigation: It's What We Do.
Calabasas Back Injury Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Compassionate Legal Support for California Workers Suffering from Back Injuries
Suffering through the physical and emotional pain of a back injury sustained at work can be a devastating, even debilitating experience. A person dealing with a back injury from a workplace accident may struggle to move around or perform everyday activities and may experience chronic pain, fatigue, depression, or anxiety. It can take weeks or months just to receive an accurate diagnosis and get the necessary treatment.
Workers' compensation benefits can help alleviate some of the financial burdens associated with these types of injuries, but it is important that you seek out competent legal counsel to help ensure that your rights are protected and your claim is successful.
If you or a loved one have recently experienced a work-related back injury in California, you may be entitled to workers' compensation benefits. Our experienced workers' compensation team at Gaines & Gaines is dedicated to providing compassionate and personalized support to ensure that you get the financial support and resources you need for your recovery.
Types of Work-Related Back Injuries
Work-related back injuries can range from minor to severe, and the type of injury will ultimately determine the course of treatment required.
Common types of work-related back injuries include:
- Muscular strains and tears - These are typically caused by lifting heavy objects without proper support or overexertion. Symptoms may include pain, muscle spasms, and impaired mobility.
- Disc injuries - This is an injury to one of the discs that separate the vertebrae in your spine. Symptoms may include localized pain, numbness, and difficulty walking or standing.
- Fractures - A fracture is a broken bone that can occur due to a traumatic event such as a fall from a ladder or other height or an impact with a large object. Symptoms can include severe pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness in the affected area, and restricted movement.
It is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after sustaining a back injury at work to ensure accurate diagnosis and proper treatment. The doctor will typically do a physical examination, review imaging results (such as X-rays), ask questions about the injury and its symptoms, and possibly perform additional tests if needed. Accurately diagnosing the type of injury is essential for helping injured workers receive appropriate treatments so they can recover properly and get back on their feet again.
Seeking Benefits for Work-Related Back Injuries
After receiving an accurate diagnosis from their doctor, injured workers should speak with an experienced workers' compensation attorney who can help them initiate the claims process and ensure that their rights are being protected throughout it. A reputable back injury workers’ compensation attorney will provide critical assistance throughout all stages of the process including filing paperwork correctly and timely, navigating administrative regulations related to workers' compensation benefits, negotiating settlements or awards on behalf of their clients, appealing denied claims if necessary, etc. Having legal representation during this process can significantly increase the chances of recovering rightful benefits for your work-related back injury in California.
Workers' compensation benefits can provide crucial financial support and resources to injured workers. These benefits can help with medical, rehabilitation, and other costs associated with the injury, as well as provide compensation for lost wages if the worker is unable to return to their job.
The following are some of the primary benefits injured workers may be entitled to after a back injury:
- Medical treatment - This includes surgeries, medications, doctor visits, physical therapy, hospital stays, and any other treatments that are necessary for recovery.
- Rehabilitation - This covers costs associated with vocational counseling or retraining classes that can help an injured worker transition back into the workforce after being absent due to an injury.
- Lost wages - If an injured worker is unable to return to their job due to their injury, they may be eligible for temporary disability payments while they recover. These payments generally cover 2/3 of their lost wages during that time.
- Permanent disability payments - If a worker is unable to ever return to their job due to a permanent disability from the work-related back injury, they may receive long-term disability payments which will replace a portion of their lost income.
Gaines & Gaines Will Fight for You
When dealing with a work-related back injury, an experienced workers' compensation attorney can provide invaluable assistance and support through all stages of the process. At Gaines & Gaines, our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys can help:
- Accurately assess your case and determine your rights – We will review the facts of your particular case and help you understand your rights under California law. We can also explain any potential avenues for seeking additional forms of coverage such as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or long-term disability insurance (LTD).
- Help file paperwork correctly and in a timely manner - Filing paperwork incorrectly or missing deadlines could mean a delay in receiving benefits. We have the knowledge necessary to ensure that paperwork is filed correctly and on time so that all benefit payments are received in a timely manner.
- Advocate aggressively for our clients – We will advocate for you, negotiating settlements or awards on your behalf, and appeal denied claims, if necessary. We want you to get the financial support you need to cover medical treatment, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and other costs associated with your injury.
At Gaines & Gaines, our team of knowledgeable attorneys has extensive experience handling all types of workers’ compensation cases throughout California. We understand how difficult it can be for injured workers to seek out financial support after sustaining a workplace injury, especially when it comes to something as serious as a work-related back injury. Our knowledgeable attorneys also understand how intimidating it can be to take on an employer or their insurance company without legal help. That’s why we strive to provide personalized attention and aggressive advocacy to help our clients obtain the best possible outcome in their case.