Catastrophic InjuryLitigation: It's What We Do.
Calabasas Catastrophic Injury Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Achieve Maximum Compensation with a Dedicated Legal Team
A workplace-related catastrophic injury can be devastating and life-changing. The physical, psychological, and financial trauma can be overwhelming for workers and their families. In addition to the obvious physical pain, survivors of catastrophic injuries may experience a wide range of symptoms including depression, anxiety, isolation, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and more.
At Gaines & Gaines, we represent those who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to work-related accidents. We understand that suffering a catastrophic injury at work can be devastating. Our attorneys are passionate about helping injured individuals and their families get the full compensation and justice they deserve.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries that Can Occur in a Workplace
Workplaces can be a hazardous environment, and when these conditions lead to catastrophic injury, it’s essential that workers are aware of their rights. Depending on the situation, victims may be eligible for workers’ compensation. At Gaines & Gaines, our catastrophic injury attorneys specialize in helping California workers who have suffered catastrophic injuries while on the job.
The types of catastrophic injuries that can occur in a workplace include but are not limited to:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These injuries can cause permanent paralysis, loss of sensation and reflexes in any part of the body below the site of injury. Additionally, spinal cord injuries often result in a range of physical disabilities such as difficulty walking or breathing, loss of bladder or bowel control, chronic pain, and more.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: These injuries occur when an external force damages the brain and can result in several issues such as short-term memory problems, motor impairments, impaired balance and coordination, communication difficulties, and changes in behavior or personality.
- Musculoskeletal Injuries: Musculoskeletal injuries refer to damage caused to muscles and bones due to strain or overexertion which can lead to long-term disability and chronic pain if not treated properly. Common musculoskeletal injuries include rotator cuff tears, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and lower back issues.
- Crush Injuries: Crush injuries occur when heavy objects are dropped onto the body or limbs leading to severe crushing trauma which can cause tissue destruction as well as nerve damage resulting in long-term disability or even amputation.
- Burns: Burns are one of the most common catastrophic injuries in the workplace and are often caused by hazardous chemicals or dangerous equipment. They can cause severe tissue damage and scarring, as well as respiratory issues due to smoke inhalation. In more extreme cases, burns can cause organ failure, amputations, and even death.
- Vision Loss: Vision loss is a devastating form of catastrophic injury which can be caused by exposure to dangerous chemicals and other workplace accidents. Vision loss can range from mild to total blindness depending on the severity of the injury and may lead to a lifetime of disability and dependence on assistive devices.
At Gaines & Gaines, our compassionate workers’ compensation attorneys are dedicated to helping those who have suffered catastrophic injuries from work-related accidents seek justice. With years of experience handling workers' compensation claims involving catastrophic injury cases across California, you can rely on us to help obtain maximum compensation for your losses.
Maximizing Your Recovery – Reach Out to Calabasas Catastrophic Injury Firm Gaines & Gaines
The aftermath of a catastrophic injury can be physically, emotionally, and economically devastating. That's why it is so important to have an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer by your side. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the complex rules and regulations of the workers' compensation system and will work tirelessly to get you maximum results.
At Gaines & Gaines, our experienced Calabasas-based legal team is committed to getting our clients maximum compensation for their injuries, including:
- Reimbursement for any medical expenses related to the injury
- Payment for lost wages resulting from time away from work
- Compensation for permanent disability or disfigurement caused by the injury
- Payments for any pain and suffering endured due to the injury
- Additional benefits as determined by state laws or court rulings
Our attorneys have years of experience handling catastrophic injury cases across California, allowing us to provide our clients with compassionate and knowledgeable legal counsel and representation for workers' compensation claims. At Gaines & Gaines, we are passionate about protecting the rights of injured workers and will work tirelessly to ensure you receive maximum results in your case.